Thursday 6 June 2013

Emotions [2]

There's a lot more to what I managed to write last night about our workshop on Emotions... I usually never ever write straight away about something that excites me for two reasons: 1. ideas and/or outcomes get muddled up with the excitement, and 2. it becomes difficult to translate them into words!

Trust me when I say that what I wrote last night doesn't really give credit to what we experienced, and also doesn't show where the room for improvement is!

Some of the young actors who have been regularly attending workshops, managed to experience something new, something which was completely outside their comfort zone.  This also is what it's all about: taking risks, trying out something new, leaping into the Unknown! Aren't we all just?

As a director, I have spotted a few issues especially related to movement and expressing the so-called negative emotions, but we're still on an early stage and I don't really want to spoil it for the cast, although I cannot help it thinking that it'll be very interesting to see how Anger will be portrayed on stage! ;)


While I ponder on how to develop and improve teens' perception on Emotions and non-verbal communication, I'd like to confirm that the theatre is cancelled for July: there's still not enough actors and I don't fancy putting anyone under pressure - we're having far too much fun to spoil it!

Meanwhile, Stella is working on cutting the title of the play in order to print T-shirts and advertise the play on a forthcoming event in our town and, since I'm quite excited about it, I'm going to close this post right here!  Bye...

^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment