Thursday 29 November 2012

On war

Oh ohohooooh... According to someone I should get rid of my previous post, the one that "disrespects those who have fought in past wars"!

Right! First, if someone has something to say, it's not forbidden to send positive criticism and comments to this blog; second, I don't care if my post was misunderstood or misinterpreted and I'm well aware of the risks that electronic communication carries - besides, even in verbal communication, often people receive something totally different from what You were trying to convey.  This is mostly related to prejudice...

Thirdly, and finally, I don't care if I'm less popular by stating my points of view or by revealing that I'm not a national!

Followers of this blog might want to know that my life experience has led me to feel no need for national, religious or ethnic identification: I strongly believe in team building and communities, wherever they are. I could live in Scandinavia or Madagascar, and still be myself, very much at home in my heart!

I also believe that pinning a poppy on Your chest and than ignoring [or even worse... accepting] that many youngsters still die every day at war is utterly disrespectful.  I believe that is appalling that TV adverts looking like Hollywood movies still encourage youngsters to leave their studies to engage in war - to serve the country? How come the country is then struggling to support veterans in treating them for post traumatic stress and illnesses related to staying away from their homeland for long periods of time?

My brother serves the Italian marine forces: he couldn't find a job when he left school without a qualification, and even when he finally realised he needed his diploma and went back to complete his school years, he returned to the same job due to high unemployment rates. So, wouldn't it sound more correct and appropriate to You that governments should keep unemployment rates low (if non-existent at all) giving all youngsters the possibility to put they qualifications - the result of many years of studies and sacrifices - to fruition?

I feel that the past taught each and every one of us very little! War is an insane business, an excuse not to see other people's differences and accept them!  Is it easier acknowledging diversity and embrace it, or build more weapons, make a world-wide business out of this mass production and distribution and finally use them against ourselves? Well, You got Your answer there, which is why war is insane!

Now now... Don't go there asking me "And what if your country got invaded!"  If we embraced each person's differences with Love, without Judgement, what would be the need to declare wars?

Food for thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment