Thursday 29 November 2012

No more politics...

... since this blog is supposed to talk about a dream!

Someone else suggested to title this blog "The making of a playwright" but through this first work, I'm actually improvising myself in many other roles!

I'm not really meant to reveal too much about the play but a bit of a background seems important at this stage, since some professional figures around Bedfordshire are becoming increasingly interested in my project.

It does involve children, that was clear enough!  Children have the key to that truth that lies dormant in all of us: they are genuine, pure, loving Creatures with no prejudices and highly expanded awareness on the human nature. Children see and sense things that adults can no longer see and sense.  I am a strong believer that there's no such thing as an evil child - and don't be fooled and think I don't read the papers or watch the news...

No one is born with the seed of evil in them!

We've all gone through that innocent phase of life, through which everything was good, beautiful, light, transparent, magical... Than something along the line changes, sometimes drastically! What happened? And when?

Some stories are exactly the same as others, some are unique. Some children never had a taste of innocence or magic either.

When I started writing this particular story, I never thought it could actually turn into a script: it was out of sheer frustration for not being able to actually DO SOMETHING to help. It's been a therapeutic journey, which mostly made me realise that I wasn't dealing only with children, but with their lives, their backgrounds, their stories... An entire universe!  And no matter how medically trained You are, most of the time there's no much You can do!

This story will go on stage! Not only because I believe in theatre and the magic transformation it can have in people engaging in it, but also because there is a completely different perspective to a story when it's lived in a theatre rather than through a cold screen. You can hear the characters breathing; You can almost touch their emotions (and viceversa, definitely!)  They're real and they're there with You. When You are in a theatre, You're not only a spectator, You end up being the witness! The rapport actors/audience and audience/actors is priceless.

I hope it's clear I don't dislike movies, but if I have to chose between going to the cinema and the theatre, I always chose the latter!

Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment