Thursday 8 November 2012

Don't be shy!

Since more and more people seem to be showing an interest in this blog, I would like to take advantage [of the fact that this is my twentieth post] to invite anyone to (PLEASE!) write comments as we go along in this journey!

As I already mentioned, this blog seeks to work as a tool for reflective practice, to see how this artistic project develops, what went wrong and what worked, so that I can improve myself and my practice in the Performing Arts, from now... forever and ever... Amen!

Oh dear, it does sound a bit ambitious, but there's nothing wrong about it: it cannot be too wrong if anything I do toward staging the play now brings such excitement and happiness that inevitably surpass fear and doubt, which is quite a novelty to me!  I'm aware that other people have been before where I am now and know how daunting it is to embark in such processes, yet the gain is said to go beyond expectations, and I'm not talking about financial gain at all!

Anyway, every small step taken toward the realisation of this project is time consuming but rewarding in a way I never experienced before, and I keep having this strong feeling that it'll be worth the effort.

Currently I'm developing a Child Protection Policy, since there are 34 young characters in the play; this is a huge learning curve, challenging but very appropriate, as You can imagine, so it's also about exploring issues on how to handle the entire process.  For the records, the policy is compulsory when hiring a theatre, not just because we'll be working with young people.

I really feel I'm learning more skills than I thought I would, therefore expanding my knowledge and skills as I go ahead!  :)

If You have been through a similar process, I'd really love to hear from You...

No comments:

Post a Comment