Friday 10 May 2013

Follow up!

Another busy week is ending and would be nice to share the outcome of our workshop: the children involved are actually only three so far, though with a few invites, some more might join in by the end of May.

Those involved are extremely talented and I'm very honoured to have found such committed and creative young actors/actresses.

Some of them already have their favourite activities, although I love varying so I brought more along with materials and props for the extracts I chose this week.

I'm extremely happy to say that all extracts work really well, although there is still  room for improvement - which is brilliant for it keeps me thinking! We analysed how to make the acting close to reality and invited the children to observe their school mates through the week until we meet again on Wednesday night. The tendency is to over-act some of the parts, although in some scenes it is actually appropriate to let them act in a very anti-Stanislavski theatrical way.  They came up with amazing ideas in the scene involving students with Diabetes making it even amusing and very enjoyable. I must admit I feel very proud of them!

Once a more realistic way of portraying the play's characters will be achieved, I know for sure that we'll have to work on voice: pitch, speed and projection will be key to a really powerful performance.

This is really exciting times and it also feels very natural to all involved so far. I hope that the Universe will send more young Thespians along!

Will catch up next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment