Friday 10 May 2013

A Teenage Tantrum

Actually, before I fall asleep, I wish to share something more: today one of the girls in the school where I work inspired the following poem (giving the title to this post):

I am cool, I am smart
And you, Miss, are an old fart
You think I don’t understand
Ask me to put up my hand
If I’ve got something to say
But you never give me praise
You don’t know that I am living
Something that feels like bereaving
To your eyes I’m not a child
But some kind of creature wild
That is here to destroy
Or just simply to annoy
You forgot that at my age
There’s a sudden surge in rage
No one knows how to deal 
With this type of ordeal
You would think it’s all just hormones
That I do produce pheromones
But it is much more than that:
I am growing
And transforming
I am losing sight of me
And of what I used to be
All my world’s falling apart
Though I’m cool and still smart
While you remain an old fart!

There has been a long period of my life, between the age of 15 and 25, during which I have written extensively, including poems (but I'm quite new to rhyming).  The end of those manuscripts will remain personal for a little longer, but it's liberating having to admit that I've started it all over again, and there's no way to stop the flow!  :)

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment