Thursday 30 August 2012

Heeyyyyy... I told You it was brewing... Bit of patience and You'll know everything about this project!

A Day In The Medical Room... Yes! For now, what You need to know about it is that 97% of its content is real life stuff, meaning it's happened for real! I'm sure when the time comes for You to watch it happening on stage, You'll be able to figure out what could be classified as "fiction" but still fits the plot perfectly!

Now, as promised, something about the second artist I involved in my project: John Young.

John has been on the music scene for... oh goodness... donkeys years now, and made some very interesting albums, like Significance. He's extremely busy at present giving the finishing touches to his brand new album with his band, the John Young Band. Never heard of them? Can't be! Well, here's their names and people they worked for:

John Young, keys & vox (Strawbs, Scorpions, Asia, Bonnie Tyler etc) 

Robin Boult, guitars (Fish, Howard Jones) 

Ian Salmon, bass (Arena) 

Frosty Beedle, drums (Cutting Crew)

I happen to have been introduced to John Young himself during the Christmas festivities of 2010. His music, however, had accompanied my everyday dance since 2004: very much known for his "musical traps", I find John to be an extremely honest artist, very far from producing commercial stuff, and prone to singing life as it is, like the majority of his musical colleagues have done, such as Sting, Bruce Springsteen and many more!

For this reason, I chose one of his songs as the finale and curtain call for my play and, although I discussed this at length with him and he never gave up, I still hope he'll have some time to play it live at the three performances!

If You want to know more about John Young and what he's up to, find him here www.facebook.com/johnyoungband 

Next time, next artist... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment