Sunday 9 December 2012

Production Team [1]

While I prepare the business plan for my play, here's some information on some of the artists who will work for me on my debut theatrical work.

As promised, continuing this "catwalk" of artists, my mentor and co-director, Chris Amos.


Chris graduated in Theatre Arts from Bretton Hall College in 1987 and has worked as an actor, writer and director ever since.  Written work includes RED STARS, the opera FLIGHT 19, the Cameron Mackintosh Award nominated THE RETURN OF DOCTOR X and the critically acclaimed and award winning AMERICAN EAGLE, due to be revived in 2013.
He has created the award winning module THE REALM BELOW for Bioware’s NEVERWINTER NIGHTS computer Report Programme Generator (RPG).  He is currently working on the script for THE RAINBOW WITCHES, an animated film for children, and a new play with music CHASING LEVIATHAN, due to première in 2013.  

There were two other local artists with more or less the same experience as Chris in theatre production, both at professional and amateur levels.  Chris was the first on my list and the one that matched perfectly the type of production I'm staging due to his extensive experience in Youth Theatre. He's also the artistic director of Sparx Theatre Company, a group open to people with disabilities of all ages, which made him the perfect candidate to co-direct the play! He showed an interest after reading the first draft of the script, and I feel extremely honoured and blessed to be mentored by him throughout the development of this production.

Unfortunately, I have no picture to show You yet, so I guess You'll have to make an effort to come and see the play!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment